Today is the first ever World Peatlands Day! Peatlands, like Burns Bog, are vital in the fight against climate change because they are carbon sinks. Despite covering only 3% of the Earth’s surface, peatlands hold twice as much carbon as ALL of the forests on the planet! #DeltaBC https://t.co/jpt5kUyHMi
We are pleased to share that we are re-opening the Darts Hill on June 4, while ensuring that protocols will be in place to ensure physical distancing
Take a walk through the gardens and enjoy the rare plants that have been here for generations. https://t.co/imWHhiSfzz
Semiahmoo Arts is looking for submissions by artists,
whose work depicts their favourite space in White Rock.
Submission Form https://t.co/Y4sTDwLkQ9
#artistcall #calltoartist #artistsubmission #artcompetition #exploreBC #explorewhiterock #whiterockbc #juriedartshow https://t.co/ZrzbmxpYGQ
The last 100 tweets from municipal, provincial and federal politicians from Delta, Surrey, White Rock, City of Langley, Township of Langley and Abbotsford.
- I know it's been used, but maybe now, four years later, this campaign slogan actually means something and will have real traction: 'Make America Great Again'
- Good question 🤔#bcpoli https://t.co/seOPkxhI7U Quoted tweet from @rmttn: When announcing the benefit, @jjhorgan said that we have to assume all renters will apply for the benefit. Barely 17.5% of renters in BC have done so, with a 7.4% rejection rate. Compare this to the 500,000 applications for the BCEBW... Is something wrong here? #bcpoli twitter.com/BCTodayOfficia…
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: How to bible
- Mary Polak retweeted: Yikes. Thanks for your advocacy Coralee. Obviously government needs to pay more attention to Cariboo North. @BCLiberalCaucus #bcpoli twitter.com/coraleeoakes/s…
- Mary Polak retweeted: Thank you to @coraleeoakes for being such a strong advocate for your riding and your constituents. Roads are critical infrastructure that need to be addressed. #cariboonorth #quesnel #bcpoli twitter.com/coraleeoakes/s…
- Mary Polak retweeted: Andrew Wilkinson is calling on the government, in close consultation with public health officials, to consider regionally-based reopenings to help businesses get a jumpstart on economic recovery while still protecting employees and visitors. #bcpoli (1/2)
- Mary Polak retweeted: Engaging industry, businesses and residents is key to economic recovery - we are listening. Dan Davies: Much work to do as legislature set to resume #BCPoli alaskahighwaynews.ca/opinion/column…
- Mary Polak retweeted: You were on the ground during the fires and now an excellent report on the flooding. Thanks @coraleeoakes for looking after your constituents & letting us know the dangers in your area. twitter.com/coraleeoakes/s…
- Mary Polak retweeted: When announcing the benefit, @jjhorgan said that we have to assume all renters will apply for the benefit. Barely 17.5% of renters in BC have done so, with a 7.4% rejection rate. Compare this to the 500,000 applications for the BCEBW... Is something wrong here? #bcpoli twitter.com/BCTodayOfficia…
- Mary Polak retweeted: The suggestions supplement earlier calls from the BC Liberal Caucus for specific restaurant supports and broader economic actions such as temporary PST relief, a commercial rent relief plan, and the need for funding for businesses and non-profits to secure PPE. #bcpoli
- Stay alert + respect #SchoolZone speed limits (30 km/hr). We're a couple of weeks into the careful + thoughtful BC #RestartPlan + many of us are back on the road. Many kids are back at school, too. More: ow.ly/lucY50zXIcY #AbbotsfordBC #YXX #HubOfTheFraservalley #Community
- Mary Polak retweeted: Thanks for your hard work and advocacy on behalf of your constituents @coraleeoakes twitter.com/coraleeoakes/s…
- Black History in Metro Vancouver - Joe Fortes. Overcoming Systemic Racism. sfb.nathanpachal.com/2020/06/black-…
- Mary Polak retweeted: #BCSeniorsWeek is a time to celebrate the people who helped build this amazing province. We recognize seniors & their many contributions to our communities. In retirement seniors continue to dedicate their time to organizations that make life better for so many. Thank you.
- Mary Polak retweeted: ICYMI 🔈: Rachael sat down with former MLA and Health Minister, Colin Hansen, to talk about the SARS epidemic and how preparations for that health crisis have helped us during the COVID-19 pandemic. Listen now: bcliberals.com/bcbriefpodcast/ #bcpoli
- Mary Polak retweeted: Please take caution driving Cariboo roads. With ongoing flooding and landslides since April there has been significant damage to much infrastructure. Some areas are too unstable to get to. I will continue to advocate for more preventative work. #cariboo #cariboonorth #quesnel
- Mary Polak retweeted: Regional reopening pitched castanet.net/news/BC/301654…
- Jack Hundial retweeted: "I would challenge any other large city in this country, to police with the resources that we do, and do a better job. And just saying, if you want more boots on the ground, give me more boots. Gotta get that off my chest." surreynowleader.com/news/surreys-t… #surreybc #bcpoli
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: 🌟 then. and now. VOTE. twitter.com/codykeenan/sta…
- surreyconnect.org/2020/06/02/pow…. It doesn’t add up. Cllr Guerra & Elford contacted “the powers that be” on Friday but the Mayor didn’t know about the post til Saturday. @ctv_jon @bobmackin @fumano @JanetBrown980 @PeaceArchNews @diakiw @PrabhjotKahlon #bcpoli @selinarobinson @jjhorgan
- I’m letting it grow as long as possible so when I get a trim, it counts as weight loss 😉 https://t.co/1bmGUGfiQ0 Quoted tweet from @ty_olsen: Abbotsford Councillor/BC LIberal candidate Bruce Banman in February 2020 and now. https://t.co/jelK3tgrmp
- Congratulions @kevinamacdonald and @benlypka https://t.co/0mMPgV70FU Quoted tweet from @kevinamacdonald: So got this in the mail today. Thanks @BenLypka @AbbyNews @NewspapersWest #2020mamurreyaward https://t.co/bYFLpdttEO
- Mary Polak retweeted: I support this. When many in the Okanagan see large gatherings in the lower mainland they ask why recreational outdoor amenities such as the Myra Canyon Trestle in the Okanagan remain closed to cycle with your family. twitter.com/richardzussman…
- Mary Polak retweeted: People understand how nasty the COVID virus can be. Let's not forget that hate and racism is just as nasty. Unlike COVID we have a cure for racism and hate. Let's come together stronger and more united and wash the hate away. We can do this.
- Mary Polak retweeted: June marks National #IndigenousHistoryMonth, a time to reflect upon and learn the history, cultures, contributions, and strength of First Nations, Inuit and Metis people. twitter.com/Wilkinson4BC/s…
- Ravi kahlon retweeted: Unacceptable. Arresting a peaceful protester who was spreading a message of love. Really? Come on. Be better. twitter.com/bentaub91/stat…
- Mary Polak retweeted: Great work. Always appreciated Rick’s visits and advocacy at #bcleg #northvan #AccessAbility #EveryoneEverywhere twitter.com/stephanie4bc/s…
- Mary Polak retweeted: A regional approach to reopening - this is a really sound, evidence-based recommendation by @Wilkinson4BC #bcpoli twitter.com/Wilkinson4BC/s…
- Mary Polak retweeted: Please take the time to discover Indigenous History this month. Lot’s to learn right here at home. @westbankfn #bcpoli @WestKelownaCity @cityofkelowna twitter.com/wilkinson4bc/s…
- Ravi kahlon retweeted: Social housing with a First Nations basket weave design proposed for Vancouver dailyhive.com/vancouver/1766…
- Brenda Locke retweeted: A Twitter post from the Safe Surrey Coalition accusing B.C. RCMP officers of murder was "unprofessional, divisive and defamatory," according to a scathing letter from the province's top Mountie. bc.ctvnews.ca/safe-surrey-co…
- Ravi kahlon retweeted: Today we report 4 new cases of #COVID19, for a total of 2,601 in #BC. There are currently 31 people in hospital (-1 from yesterday), 8 of whom are in intensive care (+3 from yesterday). 2,229 people have recovered. news.gov.bc.ca/22335
- The small actions we do to support each other every day make our communities better for all who share them. By supporting one another, we can ensure that every British Columbian reaches their full potential. Our Jumpstart Playground opened last year. #NationalAccessAbilityweek
- Ravi kahlon retweeted: The deadline is one week away today! Don't miss these exciting opportunities to join the Commission. Visit bchumanrights.ca/careers to learn more and apply by June 9, 2020. #NowHiring #BCjobs
- Things like remote working, being creative and adaptable have been reinforced by the pandemic – these same things build accessible communities and employment options for people with disabilities. National #AccessAbility Week
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: Thank you Phil for your dedication and service to #whiterock #whiterockbc great people = great communities! Happy retirement! twitter.com/PeaceArchNews/…
- Stephanie Cadieux retweeted: @Stephanie4BC Also @DarbyYoung and @Level_PFAgency have worked on #accessibility in buildings in #BC too. Darby is another experienced knowledgeable Canadian firm who I recommend when @tweetdesignable is booked solid. #AccessibleCanada #NAAW
- Randeep S. Sarai retweeted: 📢 #Canadians in #India: #AirIndia to announce addl. repatriation flights to #Canada shortly. Stay tuned to @airindiain & book directly on airindia.com when booking opens. Ltd flights. Be ready to book on short notice.
- Racism in my life growing up. What we can do as a community to address racism. sfb.nathanpachal.com/2020/06/racism…
- Residential #BChydro customers: You may qualify to receive a 3-month bill credit from @bchydro. Find out more about the credit + eligibility: ow.ly/ooAg50zWFF0 ow.ly/t4sU50zWFF1 #AbbotsfordBC #YXX #HubOfTheFraserValley #CommunityOverCOVID
- Henry Braun retweeted: Welcome to Abbotsford! twitter.com/chiefserr/stat…
- Check out how you can make your social media content accessible to everyone ⬇️ #AccessAbility https://t.co/z9DSkBYs4j Quoted tweet from @AccessNowApp: When you have to write alt text to your visuals on how to write alt text. 🥴 #AltTextInception With all that's happening globally, ensure the content you're sharing is #accessible and #inclusive. Check our post on how to add alt text on Instagram photos: accessnow.com/blog/how-to-ad…
- Jack Hundial retweeted: All Safe Surrey Coalition council members must ‘step up’ over tweets, rivals say surreynowleader.com/news/all-safe-…
- MeganDykeman retweeted: "You're it!" - What a safe way to have fun. SHADOW TAG! #Think35 #DPA #MySD35Community twitter.com/k_simonetto/st…
- MeganDykeman retweeted: Dr. Bonnie Henry, Provincial Health Officer, sends a message to BC teachers and staff that schools are a safe place to return with extra safety measures in place. Watch here: youtube.com/watch?v=Aieq1M…
- Jack Hundial retweeted: Charges laid - 74yo George Bragg was arrested today and charged with 1st degree murder for the Sept 6, 2019 shooting death of 46yo Wayne Duncan at a home in the 1600-block of 160 Street, #SurreyBC
- MeganDykeman retweeted: I made something very special to express my feelings towards milk for #WorldMilkDay I ❤️ 🥛
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: Donald Trump unable to name one verse from "favorite book," The Bible
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: they literally *gassed St. John's priests on church property* so Trump could pose with a Bible. twitter.com/jackmjenkins/s…
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: in that foolish fraud about the US designating #ANTIFA a terrorist organization, trump turned on countless WW2 vets and victims of Nazi evil. psst: ANTIFA is not an org, just stands for Anti-fascist. like you are, right? #ResistFascism
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: @keithbaldrey This is an interesting shift for sure, Keith. Before the border was closed, many thought it was practically impossible and inadvisable. Then it was closed and life went on. Now, it seems inconceivable to re-open it. Strange strange times.
- Your haircut looks great 😉 https://t.co/GuNcuTeL4i Quoted tweet from @keithbaldrey: Let's all hope the Canada-US border does not re-open for a very, very, very long time. #COVID19
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: He had his own citizens gassed Then made his way toddling past. He came to a stop, Held a bible as prop, And waved it around him, half-assed
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: What would Jesus do? I’m guessing he wouldn’t target people with tear gas and rubber bullets so he could get a photo op holding a Bible upside down. Just a wild hunch.
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: @schatz_rashad @JoeNBC Omg that’s the pic?? The Bible is upside down!!😂😂😂 omg bunker boy strikes again!
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: @JoeNBC Innocent people were tear gassed for this.
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: If the widespread mobilization and coordination of government forces to repress protest tells us something, it’s that 100,000 Americans didn’t have to to die from covid. They had the capacity to respond quickly and broadly, they chose to let us die.
- Scott Kristjanson retweeted: An angry sick frightened racist is pushing US into a 2nd Civil War.
City and Township feed:
The last 100 tweets from the official city and township accounts from Delta, Surrey, White Rock, City of Langley, Township of Langley and Abbotsford.
- The skate parks have reopened, but you can keep practicing your skateboarding skills at home! Find space and learn a new trick with three generations of pro skateboarders, Andy Anderson, Chris Haslam and Kevin Harris at Online Youth Nights. Join the fun: ow.ly/g7Dn50zX1Wz
- #WeAreInThisTogether. @dominionsurrey , with the help of @dtsurreybia & thoughtful public donations, have been able to provide lunches for 220+ healthcare workers at Surrey Memorial Hospital. Support local so they can continue supporting our community at SurreyStoreToDoor.ca.
- Find out if you qualify for a Home Owner Grant and claim it online. Property taxes are due July 2nd but to help provide financial relief to our residents during COVID-19, the last day for payment with no penalty is September 30, 2020. surrey.ca/city-services/…
- City of White Rock retweeted: Semiahmoo Arts is looking for submissions by artists, whose work depicts their favourite space in White Rock. Submission Form forms.gle/FZPw4pJHkhrSrm… #artistcall #calltoartist #artistsubmission #artcompetition #exploreBC #explorewhiterock #whiterockbc #juriedartshow
- Stream today’s 4pm Special Meeting of #DeltaBC Council at delta.ca/watchlive.
- Visit Delta.ca/VirtualRecreat… and register for our Water Safety Week Zoom programs running from June 3-12! Learn valuable tips and tricks and join us for some fun activities as we celebrate Water Safety! #DeltaBC #WaterSafetyWeek
- We are pleased to share that we are re-opening the Darts Hill on June 4, while ensuring that protocols will be in place to ensure physical distancing Take a walk through the gardens and enjoy the rare plants that have been here for generations. ow.ly/mg3350zX4cI
- Join Mayor Walker and Councillor Johanson for a Facebook Live session today at 12:30 p.m. with highlights from last night's Council meeting and let's stay connected during COVID-19. To join, visit facebook.com/whiterockcity at 12:30 p.m. #WhiteRockBC #COVIDBC
- Please remember that 30km/h school zone speed limits are in effect from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on school days as children return to in-class instruction from K-12. #WhiteRockBC #DriveSafe
- Grey whales spotted in our City by the Sea. #WhiteRockBC #MyCityByTheSea Great photo @TylerIngram - thanks for sharing. https://t.co/XaXAmD7QEB Quoted tweet from @TylerIngram: Did you see the two grey whales out in the water yesterday in #whiterock? https://t.co/PO3B39cyA9
- We are pleased to share that we are re-opening the Darts Hill on June 4, while ensuring that protocols will be in place to ensure physical distancing Enjoy time outdoors, take a walk through the gardens and enjoy the rare plants that have been here for generations.
- Our most recent episode of Delta Treasures features Lil Jones as she reminisces about her time in the schoolhouse and childhood friends. youtu.be/JAUKmfRhIxU
- City of White Rock retweeted: After 40 years on the job, #WhiteRockBC’s fire chief retires dlvr.it/RXqpy0
- Today is the first ever World Peatlands Day! Peatlands, like Burns Bog, are vital in the fight against climate change because they are carbon sinks. Despite covering only 3% of the Earth’s surface, peatlands hold twice as much carbon as ALL of the forests on the planet! #DeltaBC
- Stage 1 lawn sprinkling restrictions are in effect. Regulations apply to all residents and businesses with connections to the municipal water system. langleycity.ca/city-services/…
- City of Abbotsford retweeted: Residential #BChydro customers: You may qualify to receive a 3-month bill credit from @bchydro. Find out more about the credit + eligibility: ow.ly/ooAg50zWFF0 ow.ly/t4sU50zWFF1 #AbbotsfordBC #YXX #HubOfTheFraserValley #CommunityOverCOVID
- Attention transit riders! https://t.co/1rvvz1WAQy Quoted tweet from @BCTransit: ⌚ Rider reminder - today's the day! Front door boarding and fare collection is now in effect across all BC Transit communities, except Squamish #keeprolling 🚌💙 https://t.co/Z7XvqaYQzS
- Welcome to Abbotsford! https://t.co/o5r8DyP2kz Quoted tweet from @ChiefSerr: The @AbbyPoliceDept is excited to introduce Mr. Harpreet Jhinjar as our new Gang Prevention Coord. Harpreet brings 10 yrs of police experience from @edmontonpolice & a strong background in community engagement. Thanks to the Feds/Prov for funding this important position. https://t.co/sApgiDbRbF
- City of Abbotsford retweeted: Some students return to class today. Pls observe speeding limits in school zones. To report impaired, distracted or aggressive driving immediately call 9-1-1 (pull over if possible). To report unsafe driving after the fact, call the non-emerg line: bit.ly/3dC728k #911BC
- June 1 marks BC Seniors’ Week. Seniors' Week celebrates seniors and provides an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the integral part seniors play in communities across BC. The City is pleased to share resources for seniors at whiterockcity.ca/seniors #WhtieRockBC #BCSeniors
- Join Mayor Walker for a Facebook Live session tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. with highlights from tonight's Council meeting and stay connected during COVID-19. To join, visit facebook.com/whiterockcity at 12:30 p.m. #WhiteRockBC #COVIDBC
- City of Surrey retweeted: BC Seniors' Week begins today! Find great free online library programs all this week like the Living Well on Retirement Income webinars hosted by @CrdtCounselSoc. Register now at: ow.ly/FaWX50zRWoy #seniorsweek #surreybc
- Explore a 1920's General Store with your guides Melissa and Midori, Docents at Langley Centennial Museum. See just how much a store like this could offer in the Fraser Valley 100 years ago as part of Learning Lesson #4 #MuseumMonday youtu.be/JDsKNIGoUZ0
- Did you know that #DeltaBC has earned approx. 60,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas reduction credits through Burns Bog restoration works with Metro Vancouver? Programs like this help us bank carbon credits and maintain an annual carbon neutral status! Report: ow.ly/sqn650zSTFz
- Parking enforcement starts June 1 - Parking disputes must be submitting in writing, and dispute forms will be available at the north entrance of City Hall. Bylaw staff are available by phone at 604-514-2800, M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by appointment.
- It’s National AccessAbility Week, and we’re proud to have created a community that is actively removing barriers for people with disabilities. Have you checked out our virtual tours yet? Enjoy Surrey sights and sounds from home, with closed captioning. ow.ly/INaw50zU3kg
- #LangleyCity is pleased to announce that we will reopen the following amenities and facilities on June 1. Read the full release: langleycity.ca/news/langley-c…
- City of White Rock retweeted: June 1 marks the first day of BC’s voluntary return to school. Schools are a safe place to be, with extra precautions in place. To BC teachers and school staff: thank you for being there for our children – with kindness and with care. ♥️ #COVIDBC #bced
- Have you been missing reading a great book from your local library? FVRL's express contactless service is now open. https://t.co/1ro6VhG6xv Quoted tweet from @ReadLearnPlay: 🛍️📚 Starting tomorrow at 10:00 am you can start picking up library holds using FVRL Express – Click, Pick, Go. fvrl.ca/fvrlexpress The new contactless service offers customers a physically distanced way to pick up library holds and return items at all 25 locations. https://t.co/xgAGIDDzzg